This year for Ottawa’s Kindness Week – we will be doing a makeover of the Homework Club at the Foster Farm Family House in west end Ottawa.
This initiative is headed by the United Way and the Yummy Mummy Club. Sonya Kinkade is the lead designer, again this year and another 7 Ottawa area designers (including me) are helping her out. Click here to see what we did last year.
From left to right
- Nicole Duguay – Solace Interiors
- Maureen Coates – Modecor
- Mary Anne van Gaal – Otta decorate!
- Donna Hargrove – DH Designs
- Kelly James- Jax décor & design
- Sonya Kinkade – Sonya Kinkade Design
- Lisa Goulet – Lisa Goulet Design
Joining the EMKE team this year is Sarah Kidder of Sarah Kidder Design (not shown in the above photo).
We had such a wonderful slate of volunteers and donations last year and this year is proving to be even more fruitful.
Our returning sponsors –
D.E. Kinkade Konstruction LTD., who generously supplied both labour and materials last year has signed up again this year. Danielle Lynn Photography has also agreed to do all the photography again, and Matt LeBlanc is donating another beautiful original painting.
This year we also have the following companies and individuals who are showing what Kindness Week is all about –
Sherwin-Williams Paints, Orleans, Ontario is providing all the paint and paint supplies.
Ottawa Valley Kitchens is providing custom-made cabinetry and work surfaces.
- Tag Along Toys is donating an Intelliglobe and other educational materials.
- Canvas Pop is donating some custom canvas art pieces.
- Marchand Electric is donating all the lighting for the space.
- Faye Fortune Drapery Design is donating the window blinds.
- Tamarack Homes has made a generous donation.
The Homework Club is used by school aged children to study and receive help with their homework. The Club is a work room and computer room that runs from 5:30-7:30 three times a week, with approximately 30 children using the facility. It is staffed by patient individuals, who can speak four languages. Snack time is provided through the Ottawa Food Bank. Anything that will help children succeed, is a wonderful thing in my book.
If you would like to be a sponsor for this year’s Makeover please contact one of the designers mentioned above.