One Room Challenge – Week 3 – Sewing/Craft room

So time is just flying.  So to recap, I’m a guest participant in the One Room Challenge , which was started a few years ago by Linda at Calling It Home. Bloggers link up and share their one room transformations that they are attempting to do in a mere six weeks. You can follow along the featured designers here and my fellow linkers here, as they share their inspirations, challenges and of course, the results.

1475460688709

If you’d like to see how this all started, click here:

Week 1

Week 2

Last week, I got a lot accomplished.  I finished up my inspiration mood board, selected wallpaper, fabric and wallpaper. Placed a few orders and also, miraculously even had the room painted. I really thought that was not going to happen until much later on.  I also had the drapery rod installed and did some sourcing at Ikea.

I’ve been working on the drapes, which I decided to tackle myself, as they are very simple panels. Again, not so sure this was a great idea as I’m a little strapped for time and obviously, I’m not a professional sewer.  Here’s hoping they turn out okay.

The Ikea chair is all put together,  it looks great and is very comfy.  I also assembled this Alex storage unit. Can’t wait to fill the drawers will lots of my hobby and sewing supplies. I love that it’s on casters so I can roll it around to where I need it, depending on what I’m doing.

alex-drawer-unit-on-casters-gray

As I mentioned last week, I picked up some storage pieces from Ikea to use for my craft and sewing supplies.  Here’s a few ideas that I’m planning to use….hopefully.

0474be90797870d0b2438ee530bf9132 f6662829f5d66508b0feb7cd564b00a3 th

Images via Ikea and Pinterest

So to explain, the hanging fabric on hangers is brilliant, as currently they are in a big mess on my bookcase and this way you can see exactly what you have and it’ll be nicely tucked away out of sight in my closet, until I need to see what I have. Of course, this won’t work for the big bolts of upholstery and drapery fabric that I have but thankfully there aren’t too many of those.  I picked up some of these hanging containers and rods from Ikea and I’m thinking I’ll be using them somewhere, somehow. The magnetic strips are typically used for knife storage or spices, but I have another idea for it. Instead of spices, think beads and buttons!

Mostly, this week I tackled some spray painting. I wanted to add a little more gold to the Ikea sconces. Take a peek at the before and after:

sconces, black and gold

I’ve had a bit of a challenge with the main light fixture this week, but more on that next week. I’ll  also be sharing some more painting updates on my next post.

 

Lisa